First things first, this toy gave me the best orgasm I’ve ever felt in my life. You probably should keep reading.
The Aneros Helix Syn Trident doesn’t have the catchiest name in the world, but boy is it a catch. This “Trident” variation on the usual Aneros Helix Syn design has had such positive feedback from the Aneros community that the company plans on integrating these “Trident” features into all of their prostate massage toys going forward, but what makes these Trident toys different exactly?
Basically, this is a Helix Syn which has had some subtle modifications to enhance prostate pleasure even further. First, there is a new “balancing architecture” (whatever that means) and an enlarged head on the toy for more powerful direct stimulation on the prostate. The Trident model also comes with a new arm design and velvety-soft silicone which feels very natural and smooth as it softly slides into you.
Just as a heads up, if you don’t have any idea how to give yourself a prostate orgasm or you need advice on the best way to achieve prostate orgasm with a toy like this, I would recommend our guide on prostate milking to give yourself a better understanding.
So, how did it make me feel? What’s the best lube for Aneros toys? Would I recommend this prostate milker? Let’s dive in to the review.
Pros and Cons of the Aneros Helix Syn Trident
I believe in laying your cards on the table at the start of a review, so here’s my personal pros and cons for this toy:
Review of the Helix Syn Design
Aneros are famous for making some of the best rated prostate massagers in the world with their unique and patented designs which take advantage of the muscles in and around your prostate to create mind-blowing orgasms. It’s a bit like you’re hacking your body to get better orgasms. In fact, Aneros got their start by making medical devices and it’s thought that their prostate massagers have numerous health benefits for men.
So, how exactly does the Helix Syn Trident get you going?
The tip of this toy is 1.08 inches wide, featuring a more bulbous head than some of the other Aneros models. This thicker head focuses on more direct contact and stimulation for the prostate, increasing the surface area of contact and therefore increasing intensity.
The middle part of the stem is 0.95 inches wide, so it’s a little thinner than the head. This is great because it helps you to be more comfortable and it helps the toy to stay in place inside your ass by not stretching your hole out too much.
The distance from the stem to the perineum tab is 1.75 inches. I find that this massages my taint if I adopt a slightly angled position with my body (i.e. I’m not lying flat) but different things work for different guys, especially in a one-size-fits-all scenario like this.
The total insertable length is 4 inches. If you’re used to anal play, you might scoff at such a pathetic number – I know I did. However, this 4 inches of fun is all you need to have mind-blowing hands free orgasms, believe me.
At first, I naively assumed that bigger prostate toys like the Progasm must be better, but the small and sleek design of this toy fits into my anus more comfortably, leading to increased relaxation and therefore more intense prostate milking
This toy is made from medical-grade silicone and ABS plastic. The ABS plastic acts as the internal skeleton of the toy, giving it its solid shape for the main body of the toy. The silicone exterior has a really nice velvety-soft feel to it which is indicative of a high-quality modern sex toy.
The velvety-soft silicone exterior feels really smooth in your hands and glides nicely into your ass without any hassle. It’s hard to explain, but you can really feel the softness of the material inside your ass, especially compared to other Aneros models which are harder and more plastic-like.
The only downside is that the material seems to harbor smells a bit more (I won’t go into detail) and is a tad harder to clean.
This toy comes with a Perineum tab and a Kundalini tab on its 2 arms. These tabs are designed to stimulate your perineum (i.e. your taint or gooch) and your Kundalini zone. The P-tab works great if you line it up with your perineum correctly; the external tapping on your prostate combined with the internal massaging feels fucking intense. It’s like your groin is about to burst.
Personally, I find that the Kundalini tab does nothing, and most other Aneros users seem to agree. Kundalini is actually a yoga term for a chakra at the base of the spine, and I suppose the idea is that the K-tab massages the base of the spine, but I feel nothing from it. If nothing else, it helps to keep the toy in place I guess.
For a company that got its start in the medical field, I don’t know why Aneros is messing around with chakras and shit to be honest. Maybe they just wanted to give their extra tab a cool name?
The arms on this toy a made from a lovely flexible silicone, which is great for massaging your perineum comfortably and trying out new positions. The arms can bend into unconventional positions if they have to, so you can try out unusual sitting positions and stuff without it being uncomfortable.
Some of the other Aneros toys have stiff arms which can cause sores and discomfort after a while, so this toy was a pleasure to use.
My experience – milking my prostate with the Helix Syn Trident
Just to remind you, I had THE BEST ORGASM OF MY ENTIRE LIFE with this toy. I just want to make that clear right away. Everyone has different methods for milking their prostate so don’t take my word as gospel. Still, this is my experience/technique for reaching super orgasm (the coveted “Aneros Super O”) with this toy, so there’s a good chance it’ll work for you.
1. First of all, I must be horny, relaxed, and have a good few hours to spare. My favorite time to use the Aneros is when I’m going to bed early and I don’t have to be up for anything in the morning – I’m free to play for a few hours. I’ve tried setting apart time on purpose for prostate play, but I always find that it works better if it’s a little spontaneous and I’m naturally aroused.
2. I lube up my ass with coconut oil. Coconut oil lasts a long time and I love the smell of it too – it’s kind of erotic. Water-based lubes can work but they tend to dry out too quickly. I finger my ass a little bit with the coconut oil to loosen things up, but you don’t need to go too deep.
3. I lie on my back with my knees bent up slightly. Sometimes I put a pillow underneath my ass to prop it up a bit and get the toy lined up perfectly. Other times I will lean against the headboard of my bed with my legs bent but flat, a bit like I’m half-sitting while leaning against the bedframe. Occasionally, I will lie on my side with my knees bent up towards my chest.
A lot of positions work for me, but the half-leaning-on-the-bed position is what gave me a super O.
4. I slowly slide the Helix Syn Trident inside me. Believe me when I say it’s not hard, especially if you’re used to anal play. The soft exterior and the tapered shape are fucking excellent. You start pushing the toy in and it basically completes the journey for you, sliding right into place like lock and key. Relax and enjoy its presence inside you.
5. I use a combination of the “Do Nothing” technique and the “Tug of War” technique to achieve my orgasms. Basically, I relax and feel the toy pulsating inside me, and then I slowly start to contract my PC and sphincter muscles until I feel a wave of pleasure coming over me.
6. Once I feel the pleasure wave coming, I try my best to “ride the wave” by keeping my muscles contracted in that exact position or VERY SLOWLY relaxing them to help them tremble. With any luck, the sensations will build… and build… and build.
7. It can be kind of scary when you feel these new sensations building inside you, but relax and ride the wave. With any luck, you’ll be on your way to super orgasm in no time! Just try your best to relax and allow things to happen.
You won’t always have a prostate orgasm or “Super O”, but a couple of times I’ve been horny and aroused enough that my body just takes me on that magical ride and I enter a state of pure orgasmic bliss. It’s incredible.
Tips for using the Aneros Helix Syn Trident
Here are some tips and hacks that can maximize the pleasure of this silicone prostate massager.
1. Play with your nipples. Your nipples are powerful erogenous zones on your body, even if you don’t usually play with them.
2. Watch porn. Some guys can milk their prostate and stay aroused with imagination alone, but I have to watch porn every now and then to stay aroused.
3. Use coconut oil. It can be tricky to clean off the Trident, but I think it’s worth it.
4. Smoke weed (if it’s legal). If you live in a part of the world where recreational marijuana is legal, then the THC in weed can really help you to relax and feel your body intimately. It also makes some people super horny. And on that note…
5. Be horny. The hornier you are, the more responsive your prostate will be to stimulation. Don’t force it if you’re not in the mood. Have fun and get your freak on!
Hope you liked my aneros helix syn trident review. This is definitely one of the better Aneros models out there, especially if you’re a beginner to prostate play or you’re a pro looking for a toy which is easy to use.
Basically, if a stranger walked up to me on the street and asked me to recommend them a prostate massager, I would probably point them to the Helix Syn Trident because it’s got something for everyone.
Of course, it still takes some time and practice to really maximize this toy’s pleasure potential, but you can rest assured that the Aneros Helix Syn Trident is one of the quickest and cheapest ways to have a prostate orgasm.
If you decide you want to get the syn, here is the cheapest place I've found to buy it online. Most sex shops also carry aneros prostate massagers if you want to feel them in your hand first.
If you're still trying to pick a good anal toy for your p-spot, check out our guide on the best prostate massagers.